Jackson Hole Mountain Guides
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800.239.7642
Moab Canyoneering Equipment List
While hiking into the area canyons, you will run into an amazing desert environment that is hot, sticky, and scratchy one minute then at the next corner you are wet or involved in a high angle adventure. The following list is a recommendation of what to wear to be comfortable to enjoy your trip.
JHMG provides all technical equipment: harness, helmets, rappelling devices, carabineers, and waterproof bags. If your trip/class includes a canyon with a big swim, you will need to provide your own PFD and wet suit. Please apply sunscreen prior to your canyoneering departure, as it helps keep the water in the canyons clean – re-apply freely after swimming.
Have gear questions? We’re here to help! Contact us at the Moab Office at 435.260.0990 or [email protected]
CLOTHING FOR HIKING
- Sun Shirt – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Long Sleeve Canyon Shirt
- Quick Dry Pants – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Castile Convertible Pant
- Solid Approach Shoe – Guide Pick: Salewa Wildfire Vent
- Synthetic socks
- Sun Hat
CLOTHING FOR WADING/SWIMMING
- Long Sleeve Synthetic Top – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Butterman Crew
- Neoprene Socks and River Sandal – if you do not want to get shoes wet. Water is not always in the canyon. Check with the office on conditions.
- Synthetic Fleece – Guide pick: Mountain Hardwear Monkeyman Grid Fleece
- Hydration Pack (that holds 2 liters of water)
- Head lamp
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper and Zip-Lock Bags to pack out all trash
- Extra Beverages and Food (for after trip)