Jackson Hole Mountain Guides
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800.239.7642
Grand Teton Equipment List
Objective Dependent – Scarpa footwear is available at Jackson Hole Mountain Guides for rent. JHMG also carries a selection of rock shoes for rent.
- Sticky Rubber <b>Approach Shoes</b>: required for all mid-summer climbs. (mid-July through Sept) – Guide Pick: Scarpa Crux (Available for rent)
- Mountain Boots: Trips before July 15, require a crampon-compatible mountain boot – Guide Pick: Scarpa Zodiac Tech (Available for rent)
- Rock Shoes for technical rock routes (Available for rent)
- Socks: 2-4 pairs: sized for your boots and blister prevention
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Top – Guide Pick: Men’s Mountain Stretch™ Long Sleeve OR Women’s Mountain Stretch™ Long Sleeve Crew
- Synthetic/ Wool Sun Hoody – Guide Pick: Men’s Crater Lake™ Hoody OR Women’s Crater Lake™ Long Sleeve Hoody
- Synthetic T-shirt – Guide Pick: Men’s Wicked Tech™ Recycled Short Sleeve T-Shirt
- Lightweight Insulating Jacket: lightweight fleece or synthetic – Guide Pick: Men’s Polartec™ Full Zip Hoody OR Women’s Stratus Range™ Full Zip Hoody
- Insulating Jacket: Down or Synthetic – Guide Pick: Men’s Stretchdown™ Hoody OR Women’s Stretchdown™ Hoody
- Rain Jacket: waterproof/breathable with hood – Men’s Stretch Ozonic™ Jacket OR Women’s Stretch Ozonic™ Jacket
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Bottom – Guide Pick: Men’s Mountain Stretch Tight OR Women’s Chockstone Tight
- Hiking Shorts for approach – Guide Pick: Men’s Basin Pull-on Short OR Women’s Dynama / 2 Bermuda Short
- Synthetic Climbing Pant – Guide Pick: Men’s Chockstone™ Pant OR Women’s Chockstone™ Pant
- Rain Pant – Guide Pick: Men’s Stretch Ozonic™ Pant OR Women’s Stretch Ozonic™ Pant
- Hat: lightweight to medium weight warm hat – sleek enough to be worn under a helmet Guide Pick: Power Stretch® Beanie Unisex
- Gloves: One Lightweight Guide Pick: Hardwear Belay Glove AND one mid-weight glove Guide Pick: Alpine Route Setter.
On the trail
- Alpine Climbing Pack. Internal frame only. 45 to 5O L for 3 or 4 day trip. Large enough to fit all your personal gear plus ten pounds of food and water. (Available for rent) OR Guide Pick: PCT 55 Pack
- Sleeping Bag Liner (available for purchase)
- Water Bottles (2-3 L/Qt.) or H2O hydration system
- Water Treatment – Steripen or other
- Closed-toed camp shoes (optional)
- Stuff Sacks: zip lock bags
- Dark Sunglasses
- Extra Contact Lenses
- Sun Hat or Visor
- Sunscreen (35+SPF)
- Lip Balm
- Headlamp and Fresh Batteries
- First Aid – minimal: blister care, analgesic, etc.
- Lunch, snacks & drink mix.
- Misc Items – Minimal: light knife, camera,
bandana, camp suds, washcloth, etc.
Recommended & Optional Items
- Trekking Poles
- Camera and batteries, spare memory card
- Insoles: custom or aftermarket
Cold Weather Considerations:
Early and late-season temperatures require warmer clothing. You may consider additional clothing if you get cold easily or if it is unusually cold or windy.
- Extra down vest or jacket (June and September)
- Expedition weight long underwear (June and September)
- Extra gloves (June and September)
**Jackson Hole Mountain Guides supplies all the rock climbing gear, harnesses, helmets, locking carabiners & belay/rappel devices, crampons, and ice axes. However, you are welcome to bring your own equipment. Please coordinate with our office for gear checks. Backpacks, rock shoes, and boots can all be rented in our Jackson office for $10 per day.
For your safety and comfort, bring synthetic and or natural fiber clothing for insulation. Cotton is NOT acceptable and down must be kept dry. Clothing should be able to layer without encumbering movement.Print this page