Discover some of the hidden gems of the Red Rock Nation Conservation Area by climbing to the top of one of the beautiful summits of the Red Rock. Juniper Peak, Whiskey Peak, Cactus Flower Tower, or Mt.Wilson are all great climbs to get to a summit and enjoy some of the best views the Red Rock has to offer.
The day starts early and depending on the summit will end late. Summit route will be decided with your guide based on experience. Pricing should say something like- Price based on expected route time for a given summit. Rates start at $360 for a full day and $230 for a half day. Inquire within for pricing.
For your safety and comfort, bring synthetic and or natural fiber clothing for insulation. Cotton is NOT recommended and down must be kept dry. Clothing should be able to layer without encumbering your movement.
Objective Dependent – Scarpa footwear is available at Jackson Hole Mountain Guides for rent. JHMG also carries a selection of rock shoes for rent.
- Sticky Rubber Approach Shoes: required for all mid-summer climbs (mid-July through Sept). Guide Pick: Scarpa Crux (Available for rent)
- Mountain Boots: Trips before July 15, require a crampon-compatible mountain boot. Guide Pick: Scarpa Zodiac Tech (Available for rent)
- Rock Shoes for technical rock routes (Available for rent)
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Top
- Synthetic/ Wool Sun Hoody – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Crater Lake Hoody
- Synthetic T-shirt
- Insulating Jacket: lightweight fleece or synthetic
- Soft Shell: fleece or pile
- Rain Jacket: waterproof/breathable with hood.
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Bottom
- Hiking Shorts
- Synthetic Climbing Pant
- Rain Pant
- Hat: lightweight to medium weight warm hat – sleek enough to be worn under a helmet
- Gloves: one lightweight to medium weight pair – synthetic or fleece material. If snow route, shell also recommended.
On the Trail
- Back Pack: internal frame 30 Liter capacity (2000 cu in)
- Water Bottles (2-3 L/Qt.) Or H2O Hydration system
- Dark Sunglasses
- Extra Pair Contact Lens
- Sun Hat or visor
- Sunscreen (35+SPF)
- Lip Balm
- Insect Repellent (until early August)
- Headlamp, Fresh batteries
- First Aid: minimal – blister care, analgesic, etc.
- Lunch and Snacks
- Trekking Poles
Cold Weather Considerations:
Early and late-season temperatures require warmer clothing. You may consider additional clothing if you get cold easily or if it is unusually cold or windy.
- Down Jacket
- Medium-weight long underwear
**Jackson Hole Mountain Guides supplies all the rock climbing gear, harnesses, helmets, locking carabiners & belay/rappel devices, crampons, and ice axes. However, you are welcome to bring your own equipment. Please coordinate with our office for gear checks. Backpacks, rock shoes, and boots can all be rented & purchased in our Jackson office.
We meet our guests at the West end of Las Vegas. 11720 West Charleston blvd. The Las Vegas Airport is the closest and cheapest airport we recommend to clients. If you have any questions or would like more information, please call our Las Vegas office at 702-659-9255 or email Redrock@themountainguides.comVIEW PDF
Talk To Us
Here you’ll find online tools and information about joining us for a trip of a lifetime! To sign up for a trip, or if you have any questions, please call us. Listed on the left side of these pages are links that you may find useful, including printable forms and policies concerning a trip with TMG. We encourage ALL prospective climbers to read our Preparation advice. Our office can help place you with others who are looking to climb.