- Photo by: Irene Yes
- Photo by: Irene Yes
If you have spent any time in the desert, you know that sunrise and sunset are the most magical times to be out. They are also the most comfortable temperature-wise. We offer half- day rock climbing adventures, for people of all experience levels. Wake up with the birds and see why Red Rock is one of the most popular climbing destinations in the US.
This is a fun day of climbing, to get you out and experience one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Whether a series of short routes or a 2-3 pitch climb. Routes are chosen based on your ability and goals. 4-5 hours in length. Prior climbing experience or prerequisite classes are required for multi pitch climbing.
This is a half-day of climbing, whether you are up for climbing a series of short routes or a moderately long, 2-3 pitch climb that can be completed in 4 hours or less. The Red Rock has it all! Routes are chosen based on your ability and goals. Prior climbing experience or prerequisite classes are required for multi-pitch climbs.
It can be difficult it is to please everyone on a family vacation, but The Mountain Guides has a solution. Spend the day, weekend or week soaking up the sunshine in the beautiful Red Rock Canyon on a rock climbing family adventure.
Our guides will coordinate the ideal rock climbing experience based on your family’s ability level and prior training. Previous family clients have found rock climbing to be a great way to improve communication and create trust between members.
Children as young as five have had great experiences in our basic climbing classes. Parents/guardians should accompany children up to the age of ten.
In today’s competitive marketplace, a strong management/employee team is key to success. A day of rock climbing is a fun and creative way to help jumpstart your team’s performance. By building self-confidence, developing creative problem solving skills and cultivating trust between your team members, The Mountain Guides can tailor your Corporate Climbing session is to meet your organization’s specific needs. During your next sales meeting or trade conference in Las Vegas, call JHMG to schedule your company’s session.
Previous rock climbing experience is not necessary. In fact, our clients discover employees with no climbing experience become so motivated they feel they can take on the world!
An inspiring day set in the beautiful sandstone canyons of Red Rocks, your team will learn skills to succeed in every aspect of life. Challenged by climbing a variety of routes, participants will exercise problem-solving skills, understand the importance of strong communication skills, calculate risk and make decisions with confidence and learn to trust their belayer while being encouraged by their peers. Please call for prices and details.
Rock climbing is a great challenge and confidence builder for individuals and groups. Perfect for scout programs, youth groups, women’s clubs and senior groups, climbing is great cross training for other sports such as gymnastics and soccer. The Mountain Guides coordinates programs that are full of fun and adventure, teaching valuable communication, trust and decision-making skills while offering a great workout for people of all ages and ability levels.
We can model your program after one our Classes or Camps, with special consideration for your group’s needs. With nearly forty years of experience in rock climbing instruction and guiding, The Mountain Guides has the expertise to design the ideal single or multi-day program for your group. Call us anytime for details and pricing information for private groups/clubs.
Single Pitch: $280 private 1:1; $175pp/2 people; $140pp/ 3 people; $115pp/ 4 people; $100pp 5+ people
Multi Pitch: $300 private 1:1; $188pp/2 people;
Family Climbs, Corporate climbs and special groups: Please contact us or inquire for pricing information.
If your group is larger e and would like to climb together, please call our office to request a price quote.
Private trips cannot be booked directly online based on scheduling, please click here to inquire about specific dates for a private trip.
- Sticky Rubber Approach Shoes (highly recommended as most approaches involve a lot of slick rock), running shoes or hiking shoes: Guide Pick: Scarpa Gecko
- Technical Rock Shoes (Available for rent)
- Socks: 1 pair – preferably wool
- Synthetic T-shirt – Guide Pick: Men’s Wicked Tech™ Recycled Short Sleeve T-Shirt
- Sun Hoody – Guide Pick:Men’s AirMesh™ Hoody
- Fleece or lightweight down sweater – Guide Pick: Men’s Stretchdown™ Light Pullover
- Lightweight Wind Shell – Guide Pick: Men’s Kor Preshell™ Hoody
- One extra expedition weight upper layer or another jacket if November- mid March
- Synthetic Climbing Pant – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Super Chockstone Pant
- 30-40 Liter – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Summitrocket 30
- Sun Hat – Baseball of full brimmed
- Water – Water bottles or hydration bladder
- (May-Sept) Minimum 3 Liters
- (Nov-April) Minimum 2 Liters
- Food: Energy Bars, fruit, sandwiches, trail mix. Bring Enough!
- Sunscreen/ Lip balm
- Headlamp (For long routes)
- Warm Weather – (May-Sept) The sun is intense and hydration is vital!. Hydrate the night before your climb/ hike. Consider freezing your water bottles or putting ice in them. Light colored and loose fitting clothes will help keep you cool.
- Cold Weather – (Nov-April) Bring gloves and a warm hat that will fit under your helmet. Bring extra layers like long underwear and a heavier winter jacket to keep warm when the sun ducks behind clouds of dips below the canyon walls.
Jackson Hole Mountain Guides supplies all the rock climbing gear, harnesses, helmets, locking carabiners & belay/rappel devices. However, you are welcome to bring your own equipment. Please contact our office for gear questions. Rock shoes can be rented at JHMG.
For a printable version of this list, please click below:VIEW PDF
We meet our guests at the West end of Las Vegas. 11720 West Charleston blvd. The Las Vegas Airport is the closest and cheapest airport we recommend to clients. If you have any questions or would like more information, please call our Las Vegas office at 702-659-9255 or email Redrock@themountainguides.comVIEW PDF
Talk To Us
Here you’ll find online tools and information about joining us for a trip of a lifetime! To sign up for a trip, or if you have any questions, please call us. Listed on the left side of these pages are links that you may find useful, including printable forms and policies concerning a trip with TMG. We encourage ALL prospective climbers to read our Preparation advice. Our office can help place you with others who are looking to climb.
By Phone 702.659.9255
By Email Inquire Now